Be sure to listen to the podcast while going through the study
is this thing really that cookie cutter?
No PDF, since this study was included in the packet you can download from the Gospel Foundation Introduction.
What Must I (you) Do?
- Acts 2:36-37 – They were cut to the heart, Peter tells them to repent and be baptized
- Acts 16:25-34 – The Jailer needs to believe in God, then the Gospel can be preached, the Jailer and his family repent and are baptized in the early mornings, sometime around midnight.
- Acts 9:1-7, 22:6-10 – Paul’s conversion, both the story as it unfolds in Acts, but later his conversion in his own words.
Hear the message
- Romans 10:17 – Faith comes from hearing, which means there must be a messenger as well
- Acts 11:14 – A message will be declared, it can save any and everyone
- John 3:16 – Belief is the first important step for an individual to be impacted by the Gospel
- Acts 16:31 – It is important for the individual to believe if he wants to see salvation
- Luke 13:3 – Jesus declares that we must repent
- Acts 3:19 – Repent and turn back, have your sins blotted out
Confess Jesus as Lord
- Romans 10:9 – We must confess that Jesus is Lord, normally said at an individual’s baptism
- 1st Timothy 6:12 – A confession is made and it is done before the people. Fight the good fight
Be immersed (Baptized)
- Acts 2:38 – Baptism is part of the Gospel message and it saves you
- 1st Peter 3:19-22 – Peter’s analogy of the water saving Noah and family relates to Baptism as the water that saves you as well.
- Galatians 1:6-9 (Can’t be people pleasers, can’t alter the word of God)
- Ezekiel 18:20 (no original sin)
- Hebrews 10:26 (Once saved, always saved not true)
- James 2:24 (salvation is not by faith alone)
- Revelation 3:20 (Sinners Prayer is false, invented in the 1900s)
How to Think About Conversion
Is This a Cookie Cutter Thing?
- Go through a brief description of the studies that were preached
- Discuss the idea that conversion at some level is cookie cutter, as in things that each individual must do in response to the gospel message.
- Go through the passages listed and their points in What Must I Do?
- Reminder of Matthew 28:18-20 to show that they are now equipped with the studies to use as confident tools to help seek and save the lost.
- 2nd Corinthians 5:20 – Ambassadors for Christ
- Luke 19:1-27 – We are expected to do the work, and to the faithful we will receive our reward, but to those who refuse to make Jesus Lord, theirs is judgment. Let us aspire to be the one who produces the 10, content if we’re the one who produces 5, but never be ok with being the guy who produces nothing(from a lack of trying).
- 1st Corinthians 3:5-9 – Open your mouth, plants seeds, water them and stay faithful and receive your reward