Jesus: Savior of the World
The Great I Am and The Only Way
- Exodus 3:14 – The Great I Am
- John 1:9-14 – Jesus is God in the flesh, the light of men
- John 6:35 – The Bread of Life, He’s the only thing on the menu.
- John 8:12 – Jesus is the Light, without Him we are truly in the dark
- John 10:7-14 – Jesus is the good shepherd
- John 14:6 – Jesus is the only way, all roads do not lead to God, only one – Jesus
- Hebrews 4:15-16 – Jesus is a sympathetic savior, draw near and seeking Him.
- John 2:3-17, John 3:1-10, John 11:25, Luke 4:1-13, Hebrews 1:3 and Hebrews 2:17-18
How to Use This Study
Who was Jesus? What was He like? What did He say? The problem is not that people don’t know about Jesus, it’s that they have not been taught from scripture necessarily who Jesus really is. The impression they have of the Son of God is a sketchy and distorted one. This study is meant to blow away the fog and reveal the truth about Jesus.
Closing the Study
It’s asking the questions to see if they have the faith to believe what Jesus claims to be
If they believe that Jesus who He says He is, will they make Him Lord of their life?
What other questions or healthy skepticism do they have? Are they willing to search for the answers?
This study for some will be the blueprints before the building. They will need to cultivate a heart to trust and obey Jesus and believe. This means starting to make decisions to pray to Him and really put the Seeking God aspect into action. While at some level still maintaining that healthy level of skepticism that allows them to ask questions and mature spiritually.
We always want to encourage people to ask the questions, seek the answers; because this allows their faith to grow and to eventually help others in the same predicament. But, at some level their faith will still need action, beyond having all the answers.