The Seeking God Study
Listen to the podcast and download the PDF
Synopsis: This study is to ask someone if they are open to studying Gods word, having real change in their lives and making Jesus first and Lord of their lives.
- Jeremiah 9:23-24 –God wants to be known and if we boast anything, it’s that we know Him.
- Jeremiah 29:11-13 – You will find God when you seek Him with all your heart; he has plans for you, not meaning to harm you.
- Matthew 11:28-29 – This is an exchanging of yokes, how they want to live their lives versus what Jesus expects of them to live. It comes with a promise of rest for your soul.
Extra Passages to choose from based on the person studying
Matthew 7:7, Acts 8:26-40, Acts 17:11-12, Matthew 6:33, Matthew 7:13-14 & Matthew 13:44-46
Closing the Study: Ask if they are willing to commit to studying the word with you regularly. Lay out the coming studies in order and discuss when they want to study, once a week, more than once a week? All of this, including a request to attend the church services, regularly, to help build the friendships with the members at Fort Avenue.
What is this “Seeking God” study and how to use it?
- Get to know who you’re studying with, let them tell you their story: LISTEN
- Ask questions, understand why they want to study now in their life
- Share the hopeful passages, Jeremiah, Matthew 11 and others you feel fit this individual
- Let them ask questions
- Share your story
- Ask them to start seeking God by committing to studying at least once a week with you, set the date and time
- Close in prayer, specifically praying for the individual with where they are and your hope going forward.