Be sure to listen to the podcast while going through the study
What is the Church: Why can’t I just sit home and watch the televangelist? Why can’t I just download the latest podcast? If I’m meant to be a part of the church, then what is my role?
Colossians 1:18 – Jesus is the head, he is in charge
1st Corinthians 12:12-27 – We are the members like parts of a body and we are needed, you have a part to play, you bring your gifts to the church to be used.
Hebrews 10:23-25 – Daily encouragement helps us not be hardened by sin
Hebrews 3:12-14 – Personal involvement is needed from and for each member
Acts 2:42-47 – Be devoted like the people here
- Romans 12:5 – The members belong to each other; we are not some solo part, no we belong to each other.
- Ephesians 2:19-20 – It’s not a building made of concrete and materials, it is the people
How to Use This Study
- We will touch lightly on this subject, showing the basics of what scriptures details about the church
- Go over the scriptures and the accompanying meanings
- This is what you are being invited into and becoming a part of when baptized, it’s your spiritual family
- Discuss in detail Acts 2:42-47
- Briefly discuss the additional passages
Closing the Study:
- What gifts do you have? How can you use them?
- Do you show up to every meeting, or are you missing habitually? If you are missing, why?
- What do you foresee may keep you from missing meetings of the body, can you resolve those? i.e. Work, family or school obligations?
- Do you see your need for the church? If so, how?