The Gospel Foundation
a Study Series
The Gospel Foundation study series is developed for the church. My intention for this series is to equip the disciples at Fort Avenue to boldly go, seeking and saving the lost. And with confidence, sitting down with individuals and taking them through the Gospel message, one study at a time. This study series will then equip the new convert with a great foundation of scripture to begin maturing in Christ; growing the church at Fort Avenue. This will be a class setting with: pretests, exams, books and study text. All of these will be for points as if taking a college course and provide a certificate at the end.
Where did this series come from? It came from a group of churches that has used these studies to grow into multiple churches, both in the United States and internationally. If these studies can be used in other countries as well as the United States, then I believe Fort Avenue can use them to grow. You can begin looking at the following studies and see for yourself, what I believe with conviction, to be a great series. This series will be taught each Sunday morning, one study at a time; following some lessons on what it means to practice “Lifestyle Evangelism” in your day-to-day walk with our Lord and Savior.
Things happening each morning:
- Pastries/donuts and coffee/tea would be provided each Sunday morning. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to allow for children to be settled, class to be arranged and to start on time with minimal interruption.
- Each member is required to read through the book “not a fan” by Kyle Idleman
- The class will be graded overall with exams and a final, including available extra credit
- Like all classes taken, please bring a new or unused notebook and writing utensils.
This class is designed to equip each member, who applies himself/herself, to invite others to study the Bible and to do so with confidence. To win souls for God and the kingdom, for eternity, AMEN.
1. Opening the Class
What is Lifestyle Evangelism
- Creating friendships
- Inviting people into your homes
- Dedicating time to meet them where they are
- What is Discipling
- Why relationships matter
- Digging in: asking the probing questions
- Dealing with root issues, not just managing symptoms
- What are the studies
- 9 Core studies
2. Core Material
- Gospel Foundation Packet
- “not a fan” by Kyle Idleman
- “The Lion Never Sleeps” by Mike Taliaferro
3. Extra Credit
- “gods at war” by Kyle Idleman
- “Tactics” by Gregory Koukl
- “The Killer Within” by Mike Taliaferro
- “Shining Like Stars” by Douglas Jacoby
- “Radical” by David Platt
4. The Class
- The opening, allowing for questions, introduction with pre-test.
- Lifestyle Evangelism, the importance of discipleship, sharing your life
- Culturing Discipleship with the church as we are now
- Inviting someone to study, the first study: Seeking God
- Study 2: The Word of God
- Study 3: Discipleship
- Study 4: Sin – What is sin? Dealing with the root, not just symptoms
- Study 4: Sin – The actual study
- Study 5: The Cross
- Study 6: Repentance
- Study 7: Baptism – What is Baptism
- Study 7: Baptism – The actual study
- Study 8: The Church
- Study 9 : Biblical Conversion
- Closing the Series: Is this cookie cutter?